You are currently viewing the 2017 - 2018 Academic Catalog/Student Handbook. The current catalog is located here.
Machine Processes I
|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|MEC 111||Machine Processes I||1||4||0||3|
|Effective Term: Spring 2005|
This course introduces shop safety, hand tools, machine processes, measuring instruments, and the operation of machine shop equipment. Topics include use and care of tools, safety, measuring tools, and the basic setup and operation of common machine tools. Upon completion, students should be able to safely machine simple parts to specified tolerances.
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- Diesel and Heavy Equipment Technology - Associate in Applied Science (Day)
- Industrial Systems Technology - Machine Operator - Certificate (Day and Evening)
- Industrial Systems Technology - Associate in Applied Science (Day)
- Industrial Systems Technology - Diploma (Day)
- Mechanical Engineering Technology - Associate in Applied Science (Day)
- Race Car Technology - Racing Engines - Certificate (Day and Evening)
- Race Car Technology - Associate in Applied Science (Day)