You are currently viewing the 2020 - 2021 Academic Catalog/Student Handbook. The current catalog is located here.
|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|Prerequisites: BIO 163 or BIO 166 or BIO 169 or MED 116|
|Effective Term: Fall 1998|
This course covers the study of disease symptoms and the appropriate actions taken by medical assistants in a medical facility in relation to these symptoms. Emphasis is placed on interviewing skills and appropriate triage, preparing patients for procedures, and screening test results. Upon completion, students should be able to recognize how certain symptoms relate to specific diseases, recognize emergency situations and take appropriate actions. Restricted to MA and MT programs of study.
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Applied Science (Day)
- Medical Assisting - Diploma NEW (Day)
- Medical Office Administration - Advanced Medical Office Coding - Certificate (Day and Evening )
- Medical Office Administration - Medical Billing & Coding Track - Associate in Applied Science (Day and Evening)
- Medical Office Administration - Outpatient Coding - Diploma (Day and Evening)