You are currently viewing the 2021 - 2022 Academic Catalog/Student Handbook. The current catalog is located here.
|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|HSE 123||Interviewing Techniques||2||2||0||3|
|Effective Term: Summer 1997|
This course covers the purpose, structure, focus and techniques employed in effective interviewing. Emphasis is placed on observing, attending, listening, responding, recording and summarizing of personal histories with instructor supervision. Upon completion, students should be able to perform the basic interviewing skills needed to function in the helping relationship.
2013FA - New Local Prereq: RED 090 or DRE 098
2014FA - Revised Local Prereqs: ENG 090 and RED 090 Replaced by DRE 098
2019SP - Revised Local Prereq: Add ENG 002
2020FA - Revised Local Prereq: Delete DRE 098, ENG 002
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- Human Services Technology - Foundational Skills - Certificate (Day and Evening)
- Human Services Technology - Intellectual Developmental Disabilities - Certificate (Day and Evening)
- Human Services Technology - MH/SA Peer Coach - Certificate (Day and Evening)
- Human Services Technology - Associate in Applied Science (Day and Evening)