Introduction to Pharmacy
|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|PHM 110||Introduction to Pharmacy||3||0||0||3|
|Effective Term: Fall 2007|
This course introduces pharmacy practice and the technician’s role in a variety of pharmacy settings. Topics include medical terminology and abbreviations, drug delivery systems, law and ethics, prescription and medication orders, and the health care system. Upon completion, students should be able to explain the role of pharmacy technicians, read and interpret drug orders, describe quality assurance, and utilize pharmacy references.
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- Pharmacy Technology - Associate in Applied Science (Evening)
- Pharmacy Technology - Associate in Applied Science (Evening Part-time)
- Pharmacy Technology - Diploma (Evening)
- Pharmacy Technology - Diploma (Evening Part-time)