LEAP: Learn & Earn Apprenticeship Program
LEAP@ForsythTech is a two-year adult (post-high school) apprenticeship program. Apprentices are hired by an employer partner and complete training on the job, while also attending classes at Forsyth Tech to earn an Associate in Applied Science degree in the advanced manufacturing industry. It connects you with local employers who are looking to hire and train apprentices to be the future workforce of their company. Apprentices are given paid time away from work to attend classes toward earning an Associate in Applied Science degree. As training competencies are met, apprentices earn set wage increases. At the end of the program, apprentices earn a state and national journeyworker credential.
LEAP@ForsythTech will begin a new cohort each Fall semester. Over the summer, Forsyth Tech holds a pre-apprenticeship program which covers basic safety and other advanced manufacturing concepts, as well as presentations from our employer partners. Interviews for potential apprentice positions are held during the pre-apprenticeship.
If interested in an apprentice position, you would need to apply to Forsyth Tech during the Spring, prior to the pre-apprenticeship. To apply for an apprenticeship position, you must meet the minimum hiring requirements of the employer partner as well as the requirements for admission to Forsyth Tech.
- Business involvement. Employers are the foundation of every registered apprenticeship program.
- Structured on the-the-job training. Apprentices receive on-the-job training from an experienced mentor for typically not less than one year.
- Related instruction. Apprenticeships combine on-the-job learning with technical education at community colleges, technical schools, apprenticeship training schools, provided on-line or at the job site.
- Rewards for skill gains. Apprentices receive increases in wages as they gain higher-level skills.
- National occupational credential. Registered Apprenticeship programs result in a nationally-recognized credential – a 100% guarantee to employers that apprentices are fully qualified for the job.
Apprentices are currently working at multiple local companies and attending classes at the Center for Advanced Manufacturing on Forsyth Tech’s Main Campus
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!