This course is designed to provide basic training to individuals desiring to become an Activity Director in a healthcare related setting, such as long term care or assisted living facilities or adult care homes. This course follows the state approved course outline including (1) an overview of the Activity Director profession, (2) Human Development and the Aging Process, (3) Standards of Practice, (4) Activity Care Planning, and (5) Methods of Service Delivery. Persons completing the entire 60 hours of training become qualified to work as an Activity Director in a Nursing Home or Assisted Living Facility.
The course will also contain a 25-hour practicum experience at a local facility.
Call 336.734.7023 to register.
- High School Diploma/GED/High School Transcript OR College Diploma/College Transcript (showing graduation date). Must present at time of registration.
- Registration: $190.00 (Campus Access, Parking and Security (CAPS) Fee included $5.00)
- ID Badge: $5.00 (You must present your registration receipt and receipt for ID payment in order to get your ID badge)
- Long Term Care for Activity Professionals and Recreational Therapists (7th Ed)
- OPTIONAL BOOKS (recommended but not required):
- Activities Keep Me Going & Going… Volume A
- Activities Keep Me Going & Going… Volume B
* all prices are subject to change
Contact the bookstore (336.734.7754) for current textbook prices.
For more information please contact the Customer Service Department at 336.734.7023.
The EWD Health Education Department can be reached at 336.734.7734.