Administrative Assistant Training
This 78-hour program is not only for administrative assistants, secretaries and executive support staff who wish to upgrade or enhance their skills for new roles and expanded responsibilities, but also for those who wish to pursue these types of careers. Today’s administrative assistant requires a wide variety of skills such as project management, computer applications, organization, research, communication, customer service, electronic record keeping and event planning.
The HRD: Introduction to Clerical Assistant course is highly recommended prior to taking the Administrative Certification Training course. (Note: The HRD: Introduction to Clerical Assistant course is FREE if you are unemployed or meet specific income criteria.)
It is also recommended that you take the Notary Public course in addition to Administrative Assistant training to enhance your marketability.
Course Name: OSC 3602 Administrative Assistant Training
Course Code: 133675
Course Date: January 27, 2020 – May 4, 2020
Days/Times: Monday & Thursday 6pm – 9pm
Upon completion, students should be able to:
- Understand self and others based upon personality indicators.
- Communicate effectively in written or verbal form.
- Use correct grammar and writing skills.
- Discuss and use effective time management and office etiquette skills.
- Identify why teamwork and collaboration are important in business operations.
- Discuss what is involved in delivering effective customer service.
- Identify the characteristics of a successful administrative assistant.
- Discuss the importance of a professional image and attire.
- Identify at least three job retention strategies.
- Identify methods to resolve conflicts
Delivered by lectures, discussions, skill simulations, practical exercises, and demonstrations.
- Microsoft Office 2016 Training
- Personality Profile
- Communication and Teamwork
- Listening Techniques
- Time Management
- Office Etiquette
- Grammar and Writing Basics
- Telephone Etiquette
- Customer Service
- Professional Image
- Characteristics of a Successful Administrative Assistant
- Job Retention Strategies:
- Conflict management
Prerequisite: A basic understanding of how to operate a computer and a mouse
Note: Students will need to bring a USB Flash Drive to OSC 3602 Class. Book and DISC Profile also required.
All items are available for purchase in the West Campus Bookstore, located at 1300 Bolton Street.
West Campus Customer Service 336.734.7023