Educational Career Center Services
The goals of the Educational Career Center are to:
- Enhance and develop students’ job searching skills
- Enhance and develop the students’ employability skills
- Develop and promote the individual’s career success and economic self-sufficiency
There is no charge for Educational Career Center courses if you are unemployed, have been given notice of a layoff, or meet income criteria .
You can register for Educational Career Center courses at Forsyth Tech’s West Campus (1300 Bolton Street, Winston Salem).
Skills Assessment – Career Readiness Certificate
The Career Readiness Certificate (CRC) is a test-based credential that tells employers that you have workplace-ready skills in three key areas. The CRC is a nationally recognized, EEOC-compliant industry-driven system of job profiling and assessment based on the WorkKeys™ testing program. CRC testing is conducted at Forsyth Tech’s West Campus (1300 Bolton Street, Winston-Salem). The cost of the CRC testing is $45. For more information, call 336.734.7772.
Need job counseling? Trying to find a new job?
The Forsyth Tech Employability Labs in Forsyth and Stokes Counties offer many resources for those seeking a job, a better job or a new career. These services are free to the unemployed or underemployed.
The instructors at the Employability Labs can help you with:
- Adult High School (AHS)
- High School Equivalency (HSE)
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Employment Skills Classes
- Career Readiness Certificate (CRC)
- Academic programs (over 180 degree, diploma and certificate pathways)
Our instructors can also offer:
- Career and educational advising, assessments and planning
- Resume development, cover letters, interviewing techniques, and networking
- Internet access and help setting up e-mail accounts to assist in your job search
- Information and assistance for college application and financial aid
Forsyth Tech Employability Lab Locations:
Forsyth Tech West Campus Employability Lab
1300 Bolton St.
Winston-Salem, NC 27103
Employability Lab available Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00am to 12:00pm, Room 27.
King Public Library Employability Lab
101 Pilot View Drive
King, NC 27021
Employability Lab available Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 1:00pm to 5:00pm, Room Gentry Technical Center.