Forsyth Technical Community College is a DHS/NSA recognized Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education.
The Committee on National Security Systems in conjunction with the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) jointly announced Forsyth Technical Community College the designation as a Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense. Students can choose several options to obtain this recogination as well as receive your degree credential. Review options under program options. In addition, certification exams are highly recommended after completing certificate related courses.
Contact: Dr. Deanne Wesley for additional information
Forsyth Technical Community College Cyber Security Center Charter
The Cyber Security Center is committed to improving the practice of protecting information and training individuals in security concepts.
The center will seek to establish partnerships, support information security research, assist development and sharing of resources and perform the following:
- The college will seek to establish and foster partnerships with industry, educational institutions, and professional organizations.
- The college will support research efforts in cyber security and information security as well as any new cyber initiative.
- The college will use various methods to develop and distribute resources to facilitate improved cyber security and information security.
Forsyth Technical Community College has been selected as a CAE Regional Resource Center by the NSA. There are ten CRRCs. The ten CRRCs have responsibility for nine geographic regions.
All CRRCs have three primary responsibilities:
- Cultivation of collaboration and support to designated schools in the region,
- Faculty professional development for all designated CAEs
- Program development support to schools in the Candidates Program.
We will host events and workshops, collaborate with the other CRRCs and CNRCs to minimize program duplication and share resources, and will manage development of the Candidates in their region. Please contact Dr. Deanne Wesley at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.