Offers Global Logistics & Distribution Management Technology Students Insight into Rapidly Growing Industry in the Triad
Forsyth Technical Community College will host a panel of Triad-area logistics experts in a forum designed to engage industry professionals and students pursuing a degree in Logistics and Supply Chain at the College.
Leaders with MercuryGate International, a leading manufacturer of transportation management software, will also participate in the event, which is designed to provide students with the opportunity to understand the significance of technology through a series of demonstrations and panel discussions.
“We regularly get calls from companies asking for students who are majoring in Logistics,” said Demetria Ledbetter, Global Logistics Program Coordinator at Forsyth Tech. “Many companies prefer students with Supply Chain technology experience, and it’s one of the things that validates our program.”
Industry experts will join MercuryGate University’s panel discussion to focus on several topics, including:
- The advancement of technology in the logistics space, including the various tools now available to logisticians for solving complex business problems
- The future outlook of technology in this space
- The benefits of keeping abreast of the latest technology
“We’re building a highly-skilled workforce pipeline of students through this program,” Ledbetter explained. “Roughly 45% of our students already have jobs before they graduate because they’re highly adept at MercuryGate.”
Panel Guest Speakers include:
- Vikrant Rai, Logistics Manager, Syngenta, Greensboro, NC
- Tim Hutson, Business Systems Analyst, Liberty Hardware, Winston-Salem, NC
- Scott McCall, VP-Sales, UCW Logistics
- Mark Berry, Corporate Logistics Manager, Unifi Manufacturing, Inc.
For more information, contact Demetria Ledbetter at 336.734.7917 or firstname.lastname@example.org.