Being selected as a Student Ambassador is one of the greatest honors a Forsyth Tech student can receive. The criteria to become an Ambassador include being a full-time student with a GPA of 3.0 or higher, having completed at least one semester at Forsyth Tech, having a thorough knowledge of the college, and successfully impressing the selection committee during an intense interview process. Those who are selected then serve at numerous functions and events, representing the college in a responsible, ethical and professional manner while portraying a positive image of the institution. In return, the students gain leadership skills, public speaking experience, develop better interpersonal communication, and receive full tuition and fees paid for their time as Ambassadors.
We are proud to introduce the Forsyth Tech Student Ambassador Scholarship Program participants for 2014-15, shown in the photo above with Forsyth Tech President Dr. Gary Green (left to right):
- Patrick Franzt, a military veteran in his mid-20s with an interest in electronics
- Rhonda Smith-Murray, who put three kids through college and is now working on a degree of her own in Criminal Justice
- Ryan Sydnor, who last year made The President’s List with a 4.0 GPA
- Ashanti Robinson, who is getting her Associate in Arts in Respiratory Therapy
- Brittany Craft, who made the Dean’s List twice last year and is our youngest Ambassador, having only recently graduated from high school
- Janna “Lia” Martinez, who obtained her GED at Forsyth Tech and is now pursuing a college transfer degree
- Jody Reavis, a displaced worker who has come to Forsyth Tech to get started on a new career, possibly in charity work
We congratulate them all on being selected as Ambassadors!