Self-assessment is an important step in the career planning process. During self-assessment you gather information about yourself in order to make an informed career decision. We offer a variety of self-assessment tools to help you determine the best path for you. A self-assessment should include a look at the following:
- Values: the things that are important to you, like achievement, autonomy and status
- Interests: what you enjoy doing, i.e. playing golf, hanging out with friends and taking long walks
- Personality: a person’s individual traits, motivational drives, attitudes and needs
- Skills: the activities you are good at, such as writing, computer programming and teaching
You may sign up for an in-person career assessment workshop by using this registration form. Registration is required. Workshops are free.
The following free resources allow access to assessments designed to provide career direction based on your responses. Each inventory is online, and you may choose to print the results from your computer.
We offer personal, one-on-one counseling and advice in the Career Services office. Forsyth Tech students may schedule appointments by calling our office directly at 336.734.7156 or online through their Starfish account. We are located on the second floor of the Robert L. Strickland Center in the Student Success Center, suite 2414.
- Monday – Thursday – 8 am – 7 pm
- Friday 8 am – 3 pm
- Phone: 336.734.7156