At Forsyth Tech, as at most colleges, credit track courses earn you credit hours toward a degree. Most courses earn 3-4 credit hours. Tuition is charged per credit hour and is based on your North Carolina resident or non-resident status. Information about determining resident or non-resident status is available here.
Current tuition for North Carolina residents is $76.00 per credit hour. Current tuition for non-residents is $268.00 per credit hour. Use the chart below to calculate your tuition cost based on the number of credit hours you will earn. If you take more than 16 hours in a semester, you will not be charged beyond the cost of those 16 hours. For more information call 336.734.7210.
|Credit Hours||In-State Tuition for North Carolina Residents||Out-of State Tuition for Non-North Carolina Residents/International|
|16 or more||$1,216.00||$4,288.00|
- Student Activity Fee – $35 per semester. (Fall/Spring only. No fee charged for summer term.)
- Technology Fee – $30 for students enrolled in 1-11 credit hours and $48 for students enrolled in 12 or more credit hours.
- Parking Fee– $35 for the first parking permit/decal and $25 for any additional, lost or stolen parking permits for students planning to park on All Forsyth Tech campuses.
- Books and Supplies – Cost varies depending on courses taken. These items may be purchased at the Barnes and Nobles Bookstore (Lower Level), Technology/Student Services Building, Main Campus. You may also purchase books online.
- Liability Insurance for Health Students – All health students must purchase annual liability insurance before engaging in lab or clinical practice. The cost for the insurance varies according to the credit program and insurance carrier.
- Lab Fees – Some courses charge a lab fee for supplies, software and materials. These fees range from $13 to $190.
Economic and Workforce Development Courses
The costs of Economic and Workforce Development courses vary greatly (some are even free) and can be found in the latest Economic and Workforce Development catalog.
Net Price Calculator
The Net Price Calculator allows prospective students to calculate an estimated net price for attending Forsyth Tech using the following basic formula: Price of Attendance minus Gift Aid.
The estimates generated by the template do not represent a final determination, or actual award, of financial assistance, or a final net price. They are only estimates based on the information entered by the student, the average price of attendance and financial aid provided to students in a given year. Actual attendance costs may be different based on a variety of factors and circumstances not incorporated within the Net Price Calculator and gift aid funding levels will vary from year to year.