Locations & Hours of Operation
Main Campus Cashier
2100 Silas Creek Parkway, Winston-Salem, NC
Monday – Thursday 8:30 am – 7:00 pm
Friday 8:30 am – 2:00pm
Northwest Forsyth Center Cashier
3111 Big Oaks Drive, King, NC
Monday – Thursday 8:30am – 5:00 pm (lunch 12-1)
Friday 8:30 am – 1:30 pm
Transportation Technology Center Cashier
4255 Patterson Ave, Winston-Salem, NC
Monday – Thursday 8:30 am – 5:00pm (lunch 12-1)
Friday 8:30 am – 1:30 pm
West Campus Cashier (Effective July 1, 2016)
1300 Bolton St, Winston-Salem, NC
Monday- Wednesday 9:00am – 5:30pm (lunch 1:00-2:00)
Thursday 9:00am-6:30pm (lunch 1:00-2:00)
Friday 9:00am -1:00pm
Mazie Woodruff Cashier
4905 Lansing Dr Winston-Salem NC
Monday-Thursday 8:30am- 6:00pm
Friday 8:30 am -2:00pm
Grady Swisher Center Cashier
1251 Dudley Products Dr. Kernersville NC
Monday-Tuesday-Thursday 8:30am -5:00pm
Hours may vary, please call to verify specific operational times and methods of payments accepted.
Important Curriculum Payment Deadlines
Fall Semester 2017
Students who register during the following registration periods, must pay by the date and time specified or they will be dropped/deregistered from their classes.
- Payment Plan Option Opens: May 25th
- Full Payment Option is not available until July 3rd
- Early Registration Payment Deadline: July 20th at 7:00pm
- Late Registration Payment Deadline: If you register between the dates of July 21st thru August 17th you must pay by August 17th at 7:00 pm or you will be dropped from classes.
- Drop/Add: If you Drop or Add classes on August 18th thru August 21st you must pay by 7:00 pm or you will be dropped from your classes.
Students may pay by cash at Main Campus, Northwest Campus And Transportation Center. All campuses accept money orders. Visa and Mastercard are accepted at Main, Grady Swisher, and Mazie Woodruff. Personal checks are accepted with North Carolina address imprinted on a check, a North Carolina picture ID (usually a valid drivers license). Business checks are also accepted with proper ID and all campuses accept checks. Checks that will not be accepted are third party checks, out of state personal checks, starter checks, counter checks or credit/debit checks. Checks must be for the exact amount owed.
There is a $25 service fee on all returned checks.
North Carolina law (General Statute115D) establishes the community college system’s tuition and fees, and the charges are subject to change without notice.
State Refund Policy
- A refund shall not be made except under the following circumstances:
- A 100 percent refund shall be made if the student officially withdraws prior to the first day of class(es) of the academic semester or term as noted in the college calendar. Also, a student is eligible for a 100 percent refund if the class in which the student is officially registered is cancelled due to insufficient enrollment.
- A 75 percent refund shall be made if the student officially withdraws from the class(es) prior to or on the official 10 percent point (census date) of the semester.
- For classes beginning at times other than the first week (seven calendar days) of the semester a 100 percent refund shall be made if the student officially withdraws from the class prior to the first class meeting. A 75 percent refund shall be made if the student officially withdraws from the class prior to or on the 10 percent point of (census date) the class.
- A 100 percent refund shall be made if the student officially withdraws from a contact hour class prior to the first day of class of the academic semester or term or if the college cancels the class. A 75 percent refund shall be made if the student officially withdraws from a contact hour class on or before the 10th calendar day (census date) of the class.
- To comply with applicable federal regulations regarding refunds, federal regulations supersede the state refund regulations stated in this Rule.
- Where a student, having paid the required tuition for a semester, dies during that semester (prior to or on the last day of examinations of the college the student was attending), all tuition and fees for that semester may be refunded to the estate of the deceased.
- For a class(es) which the college collects receipts which are not required to be deposited into the State Treasury account, the college shall adopt local refund policies. (The State refund policy is followed.)
Military Tuition Refund. Upon request of the student, each college shall:
Grant a full refund of tuition and fees to military reserve and National Guard personnel called to active duty or active duty personnel who have received temporary or permanent reassignments as a result of military operations then taking place outside the state of North Carolina that make it impossible for them to complete their course requirements; and
Other fees, such as parking fee, student activity fee, and malpractice insurance fees are non-refundable. If you drop all classes before the beginning of the semester the activity fee will automatically refund. The census date (10 percent point) of each class section may vary and may be obtained by visiting https://coursedrop.forsythtech.edu. No refunds will be given to students who drop a section after the census date of the section.
The college refund policy is established by state legislative action and therefore, is subject to change without prior notice to students.
It is very important that you ask questions, examine your schedule carefully, and TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for your schedule!
- Check campus location where your classes are offered- be sure it is where you want to be.
- If you schedule classes on more than one campus– make sure you have time between classes to travel between campuses.
- If you need to DROP and ADD during the schedule adjustment period, you must do so in one registration session. That is the only way, your new class and your old class (if the number of credit hours is the same) will not result in you owing the additional money.
- Please make sure to ask questions and carefully examine your schedule. Failing to assume responsibility for your schedule could result in unwanted financial penalties.
- Important Notes:
Do not sign up for more classes than wanted with the intent to drop some after attending the first day of class.
Dropping on or after the first day of class will result in a 25% tuition refund penalty.