Campus Police Services
The Forsyth Tech Campus Police Department is a fully sanctioned law enforcement agency, and sworn officers have full powers of arrest pursuant to North Carolina General Statute 115D-21.1. The Campus Police Department is responsible for law enforcement, security and emergency response at Forsyth Tech. This involves many different services.
Crime Awareness & Prevention
- Forsyth Tech offers a self-defense class for women, as well as crime prevention tips and on-campus crime statistics.
Student Alcohol & Drug Policy
- Forsyth Tech’s code of conduct prohibits the use, possession, sale, or transportation of any narcotic, drug, alcoholic beverage, or any other controlled substance as defined in the North Carolina General Statutes. A drug free workplace policy must be signed by all employees.
- Forsyth Tech’s code of conduct also prohibits the use or possession of weapons and dangerous instrumentalities as defined in the North Carolina General Statutes.
Campus Weapons Policy
- Possession of firearms in vehicles or on campus is prohibited at all times unless in accordance with House Bill 937/NCGS14-269.2.
Traffic Rules and Regulations
- There is ample parking on Main Campus and there is strict enforcement of traffic rules and regulations.
- These additional services are also provided:
- Day and night patrolling of all campus buildings, grounds, and parking lots
- Enforcement of traffic laws
- Safety inspections for hazards, needed repairs, burned-out lights, etc. which are reported to the Forsyth Tech Maintenance Department
- Enforcement of all Forsyth Tech parking rules
- Weekend and holiday security checks
- Registration and parking permits/decals for faculty, staff, and student vehicles
- Assistance with motor vehicle problems
- Temporary parking permits for faculty, staff, and student vehicles
- Assistance with motor vehicle problems such as: jumps starts and vehicle unlock
- Lost and found articles
Have questions about campus safety?
Check out our Campus Safety FAQ.