Below are all currently active TechAlert announcements.
What are TechAlerts?
Alerts will notify you in the event of campus closings, emergency situations, campus events, or important reminders. Depending on the urgency of the notification, alerts may be sent out to any text-capable device such as a mobile phone or an email address that you have registered with the system. In addition, these alerts may be shared on social media (Facebook, Twitter) and the Forsyth Tech website.
Do I need to enroll in the TechAlerts system?
Faculty, staff, and curriculum students will be automatically enrolled in the new service, and set to receive notifications for campus closings and emergency situations. EWD students (not enrolled in a degree, diploma, or certificate-seeking program) are enrolled into the service, but are NOT set to receive notifications by default.
Rave Guardian App
Help and resources are just one click away with the Rave Guardian app. Stay connected and receive important campus notifications, communicate with campus safety, and gain access to resources and documents you need most.
- Discreetly contact campus safety by sending anonymous tips
- Stay informed and receive alerts based on your location
- Never travel alone by setting a virtual safety timer for an extra layer of safety when walking around campus.
- Access emergency procedures, schedules and other key documents.
- With a push of a button, you can directly connect to 9-1-1 or campus safety in an emergency
Download the app to your smartphone today:
Note: Register using your @forsythtech.edu email address for the best experience
How do I update my contact information?
You have the ability to select the types of alerts you will receive, as well as the phone number or email address the system will use. To make updates to your profile:
- Visit https://www.getrave.com/login/forsythtech
- Select the My Account tab, if not already selected.
- Within the Mobile Phones or Email sections, select the Add button to enter additional contact methods to your profile.
- Select the Edit button (pen and paper icon) to make changes to any contact information already in the system.
- Select the red X next to any contact information that should no longer be listed in the alerts system.