Why study cardiovascular sonography?
Cardiovascular sonography offers an exciting career path for those passionate about the human body and heart health. This non-invasive diagnostic field uses ultrasound technology to assess and diagnose cardiovascular conditions. Sonographers collaborate with healthcare professionals to provide accurate diagnoses and perform imaging tests to ensure optimal patient care.
Degrees & Certficates
Cardiovascular Sonography – Adult Echocardiography
Time to Complete:
Gain expertise in adult echocardiography through the study of cardiovascular sonography. Learn to use specialized ultrasound equipment to image the adult heart, interpret echocardiogram results, and diagnose cardiovascular conditions. This specialization opens doors to employment in hospitals, clinics, and medical facilities.
Associate Degree in Applied Science
Time to Complete:
Earning an associate degree in Cardiovascular Sonography with us will teach you effective communication and patient care skills combined with knowledge of physics, human anatomy, physiology and pathology.
Average salary range
- Cardiac Sonographer
Get the education you deserve without spending your days worrying about how to afford it. Our financial aid team can help you chart a path to paying for college, including through debt-free grants and scholarships.
Accreditation & Program Retention Information
Forsyth Technical Community College Cardiovascular Sonography Program is accredited by the Joint Review Commission on Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JRCDMS) and currently maintains a 5 year accreditation.
Joint Review Commission on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JRCDMS)
6021 University Boulevard, Suite 500
Ellicott City, MD 21043
The Cardiovascular Sonography Program meets the need for Cardiac and Vascular Sonographers, through didactic, clinical education, advanced technology, and competency measures.
The primary goal of the Cardiovascular Sonography Program is to provide high-quality education in both the didactic and clinical areas with the goal of providing students with a high level of technical competency as well as adequate interpersonal skills.
To prepare competent entry-level sonographers in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains for the adult cardiac sonography concentration.
- 2022 Attrition Rate AAS 50% (2 of 4), Diploma 25% (1 of 4)
- 2022 Job Placement AAS 100% (2 of 2), Diploma 100% (3 of 3)
- 2022 Registry combined pass rate 100% (4 of 4)
- 2021 Attrition Rate AAS 0% (4 of 4), Diploma 0% (4 of 4)
- 2021 Job Placement AAS 100% (4 of 4), Diploma 100% (4 of 4)
- 2021 Registry combined pass rate 100% (8 of 8)
- 2020 Attrition Rate AAS 0% (4 of 4), Diploma 0% (4 of 4)
- 2020 Job Placement AAS 50% (2 of 4), Diploma 100% (4 of 4)
- 2020 Registry combined pass rate 100% (8 of 8)
- 2019 Attrition Rate AAS 0% (4 of 4), Diploma 0% (4 of 4)
- 2019 Job Placement AAS 100% (4 of 4), Diploma 75% (3 of 4)
- 2019 Registry combined pass rate 88% (7 of 8)
- 2018 Attrition Rate AAS 0% (0 of 4), Diploma 50% (2 of 4)
- 2018 Job Placement AAS 100% (4 of 4), Diploma 50% (1 of 2)
- 2018 Registry combined pass rate 83% (5 of 6) (one did not take within year)
- Number of Students Accepted into the Cardiovascular Sonography Diploma Program: 4
- Number of Students Accepted into the Cardiovascular Sonography Associates Degree Program: 4
- Deadline for Completion of Application: Check current application packet. Usually, end of March for current year’s application
Visit us today!
Forsyth Tech is located at:
2100 Silas Creek Parkway,
Winston-Salem, NC 27103