We will begin seeing dental hygiene patients on June 29, 2020. Only scheduled patients will be allowed to enter the clinic. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the timing of reopening our clinic, no dental assisting appointments will be scheduled for the remainder of the year.
Hours vary. To schedule an appointment, call 336.734.7550.
Letter to Patients
June 2, 2020
Forsyth Tech Dental Education Clinic Patients:
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for us at the Forsyth Tech Dental Education Clinic and you may have seen this during your visits with us. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our clinic to keep patients, students, faculty, and staff safe.
Our clinic follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients, students, faculty, and staff. For example:
- A student will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked the same questions when you arrive at the clinic and a few days after your visit.
- We will have you call your assigned student when you arrive in the parking lot for your appointment and we request that you remain in your car until the student asks you to enter the building.
- We ask that you wear a mask or face covering when entering the building.
- Your temperature will be taken when you arrive for your visit and prior to exiting the clinic.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter and exit the clinic. You will also find sanitizer in other places for you to use as needed.
- There will not be any seats, magazines, or other literature in the lobby.
- We ask that you follow social distancing guidelines. The green X marks on the floor are to help you determine correct distancing.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our clinic.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
The Forsyth Tech Dental Education Clinic Faculty, Staff, and Students
Informed Consent & Medical Dental History Forms
Fill out the electronic Informed Consent form here.
Download the Medical Dental History form , fill it out, sign and bring with you to your appointment.
Services & Fees
Treatment is based on dentist diagnosis and may not be comprehensive but referred out. We do not provide services like braces, gum surgery, bridges or dentures.
Dental Hygiene Services
- Cleaning, fluoride, cavity-detection X-rays: $10
- Full-mouth series of X-rays: $10
- Panoramic X-ray: $10
- Sealants, each (Cost not to exceed $20): $5
Dental Assisting Services
(February – June ONLY. Call in January for new patient initial exam.)
- Complete exam (charting, X-rays and oral cancer screening): $30
- Silver fillings (Cost depends on size): $15 – $35
- White fillings (Cost depends on size): $20 – $40
- Simple extractions: $40
- Surgical extractions (Complex may be referred out): $60 – $80
- Root canal (Three roots will be referred out;
Cost depends on number of roots): $100 – $175
- Gold or porcelain fused to metal single crowns
- Service fee: $100
- Lab fee: $250 – $450
- Temporary partial dentures
- Service fee: $100
- Lab fee: $100 – $300
- Service fee: $25
- Lab fee: $105
For more information, read our Dental Education Clinic brochure.