The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) is the civil rights guarantee for persons with disabilities in the United States. It provides protection from discrimination for individuals on the basis of disability.
Forsyth Tech is committed to a policy of non-discrimination in employment and education and strives for compliance with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Some of the accommodations are as follows:
- Water fountains are accessible for use to individuals with disabilities.
- Power assisted and automatic doors are used throughout the campus to allow individuals assistance using doors.
- Safety mats are placed in doorways of building entrances.
- Handrails are also installed at most power assisted or motorized door entrances.
- Restrooms are available with power assisted doors and handicap accessible stalls with handrails and toilets mounted at the appropriate heights.
- Elevators are wide enough to access motorized and manual wheelchairs.
- Elevators have Braille buttons accessible to individuals with visual impairments.
- Parking is available for individuals with disabilities with spaces available for van accessibility.
- Ramps and sloped curbs are also available throughout campus to assist wheelchair bound individuals.
- Entrances, classrooms and most offices have doorways accessible to mobile assisted individuals.
- Auditorium has space availability to individuals in wheelchairs.
For additional information please contact the Disabilities Coordinator at 336.734.7155.