The Admissions & Records Office is in the Robert L. Strickland Center. We assist students with registration questions and dropping classes once the semester begins. We also process transfer credit evaluations, enrollment verifications, address or name updates, online withdrawal forms, and answer any questions you might have about graduation.

Page Index

Transcript Requests

Current students can obtain an unofficial transcript in myForsythTech.

  • Go to the Academics tab (graduation cap located on the left-hand side of the screen)
  • Click Unofficial Transcript

Official Forsyth Tech transcripts may be requested online through the National Student Clearinghouse using any major credit card. Transcripts are available for $5.90 per copy; additional fees apply for electronic and mail requests.

  • Secure electronic PDF (fastest delivery), US mail, and pickup delivery options are available.
  • Electronic delivery is not available to students who attended Forsyth Tech before 1994.
  • The Hold for Pickup delivery option is not available when the college is closed.
  • Order updates are emailed from the Clearinghouse. For pick-up orders, students receive an email from records@forsythtech.edu when the transcript is available. Students can also opt for text message updates and track their order online.


Who can request an official transcript?

Only the student can request the release of their official transcript. To ensure confidentiality and to comply with federal regulations, a signed authorization is required to issue transcripts.

Can I request a transcript if I have an outstanding financial obligation to the college or other hold on my student record?

If you submit a request for official transcripts and you have any outstanding obligations/holds, your request will be processed once the hold is satisfied.

What type of transcript can I request through the National Student Clearinghouse?

You may a request a transcript that includes the college credit classes and continuing education classes you completed at Forsyth Tech. For this transcript, select College CE/CU Classes for the transcript type.


If you earned your high school diploma from Forsyth Tech Adult High School, you may request an Adult High School transcript that includes your adult high school classes. For this transcript, select FT Adult High School for the transcript type.

How long does it take to receive the transcript?

Transcript requests are processed in the order that they are received. Select electronic for fastest delivery

  • Electronic delivery: Transcripts are typically sent within 30 minutes.
  • US Mail: Mailed transcripts are processed in 1-2 business days and mailed via the US Postal Service with first-class postage. Delivery time depends on where the transcript is being sent and the timeliness of the US Postal Service and typically takes 5-7 business days, but students should allow up to 20 business days for delivery and receipt of their transcript.
  • Pick up: Pickup requests are not provided on demand. Please allow up to 3 business days to pick up an official transcript from the Admissions and Records Office located in the Robert L Strickland building. Students will receive an email from records@forsythtech.edu once the transcript is available for pickup. Valid photo identification (driver license, state ID, etc.) is required to pick up the transcript.

Can someone pick up the transcript on my behalf?

Yes. The student must submit a Pick Up Permission Form to the Admissions and Records Office at records@forsythtech.edu. Valid photo identification (driver license, state ID, etc.) is required to pick up the transcript.


If you completed a GED program and need confirmation or score information, contact Diploma Sender at www.diplomasender.com.


If you attended Forsyth Tech Adult High School, you may request a transcript that includes your adult high school classes through the National Student Clearinghouse. For this transcript, select FT Adult High School for the transcript type.


Enrollment verifications may be requested for insurance or other purposes using the National Student Clearinghouse. This free service is available 24 hours for your convenience.


Email the Admissions and Records Office at records@forstythtech.edu or call the Student Care Team at 336.723.0371 for assistance.

Updates to Student Record:

  1. Legal Name Change – Use the Student Change Form when requesting a legal name change. Requests must be documented by either a marriage license, birth certificate, court decree OR both a valid driver’s license and a signed social security card with matching names.
  2. Preferred or Chosen Name Change – Current students can update their preferred or chosen name through their my.forsythtech.edu account. Information will be changed on the next business day.

(my.forsythtech.edu > UserID > User Profile > Edit Personal Identity > Nickname).

  1. Contact Information (Address & Phone Number) – Current students can update their address and telephone numbers through their my.forsythtech.edu account. Information will be changed on the next business day.

(my.forsythtech.edu > UserID > User Profile > Add New Address or Add New Phone).

All employees must go to Human Resources for any needed changes.

Online Withdrawal Form

  1. Online  Course Withdrawal Form
  2. Login with your TechID & Password
  3. Select the course(s) to drop; Submit
  4. Confirm the course(s) to drop
  5. Print Confirmation Page (Optional)
  6. Read Student Confirmation Email

Questions? Please contact the Admissions & Records Office at records@forsythtech.edu.

Update Your Program of Study

Please fill out the Student Change Form for students wishing to change their current program of study. The request will be processed within 3 business days and the student will be notified through their Forsyth Tech email.


To audit a course, submit a completed Audit Request Form to the Admissions and Records Office after registering for the course. Requests to audit must be submitted before the 10% point of the class. Audits are not covered by any financial aid. Students are responsible for all costs incurred with courses they choose to audit. When auditing a course, students receive a grade of AU; no credit hours or grade points are awarded. An audit may not be changed to credit or credit changed to audit after the 10% point of the class. Students are required to meet the prerequisites, co-requisites, and other applicable policies(including attendance) for courses they are requesting to audit. Some courses may not be available for auditing depending on seat availability and on any other enrollment restrictions that may have been placed on the course by the department.

For students 65 years of age or older:
In Section 10.2 of Session Law 2017-57, the NC General Assembly directed the SBCC to adopt policies allowing senior citizens (an individual at least 65 years of age as of the last day of the applicable course section) to audit courses at North Carolina community colleges without payment of any required tuition or registration fee. The individual must provide proof of age through a driver license, State Identification Card, or other government-issued document.

Transfer Credit/Evaluation

The Admissions & Records Office will evaluate transcripts from other regionally accredited post-secondary institutions for possible transfer credit after the Admissions & Records Office has approved your application and received your official transcripts.

Transcripts must be received from institutions/colleges that are regionally accredited by one of the following:

  • Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
  • New England Association of Schools and Colleges
  • North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
  • Northwest Commission of Colleges and Schools
  • Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
  • Western Association of Schools and Colleges

Questions? Please contact the Admissions & Records Office at records@forsythtech.edu.

Determination of Course Equivalencies

Your evaluation will be completed based on your program of study.

In order to receive transfer credit for a course the course at your previous college must be comparable in content, objective, quality, and credit hours to those offered at Forsyth Tech.

You must have made a C or better in the course that is being considered for transfer credit. 

Credit for remedial courses are awarded based on college level English and/or Math courses taken at previous school.

When the granting of transfer credit is in question, the student may be asked for additional documentation such as course description or course syllabus.

Credits transferred from other institutions/colleges will be reflected on students’ transcripts as hours earned and will not be used in the computation of grade point average.  A grade of TR will be granted to show that the course was transferred from another college.

Credit Hour Equivalencies

Forsyth Tech is on the semester system.  If the college you attended is/was on the quarter system.  Your credit hours for the class will have to be converted to semester hours using a conversion factor.

Example:  You have a 3 quarter hour class at your previous college.  To convert this course to semester hours the 3 hours is divided by 1.5 which equals 2.00 semester hours.  If this course is being considered for a 3 credit hour Forsyth Tech course we would not be able to transfer this course in because the hours would not match.

Transfer Credit Limit

To graduate from Forsyth Tech you are required to complete a minimum of 25 percent of the required course work at Forsyth Tech.

Transfer Credit Course Time Limitations

Transfer credit will not be awarded for computer related courses that are 10 years or older.

International Transcripts

Students that have attended a college or university outside of the United States must have their transcripts translated and evaluated by a NACES member (www.naces.org) before Forsyth Tech will review them for possible transfer credit.

Advanced Standing Credit

CLEP/DSST (DANTES)/Proficiency Exam/AP Credit

College Credit Through Advanced Standing


Forsyth Technical Community College has adopted an Automatic Graduation process which will not require students to submit an Intent to Graduate form. Graduation eligibility is determined by the Registrar’s office. Students will be granted the certificate(s) and/or diploma(s) applicable while pursuing their Associate degree.
Forsyth Technical Community College will process your graduation for you. To ensure you receive credit for all your hard work, when your program evaluation, which is accessible through my.forsythtech.edu, indicates that you have completed all degree requirements, your official Forsyth Technical Community College transcript will be updated to reflect that you have graduated.

If you are eligible for graduation through this automatic process, you will receive communication from the Admissions/Records Office notifying you of your graduation eligibility and informing you about the process to receive your degree and attend the graduation ceremony through your school-issued email. If you have questions about this process, please contact records@forsythtech.edu.

Forsyth Tech reserves the right to publish all graduate names in the commencement program.

Considering a different program?

To see how coursework would apply to a different program visit my.forsythtech.edu. Click on “progress” and then “view a new program”.  Keep in mind that transfer credits are only applicable to current program of study.

Replacement Degree

Replacement degrees are $10 for each degree needed for reprint. Payment taken in the Allman Building on the 2nd floor. Bring receipt to the Robert L. Strickland Center, Admissions/Records Office number 336.734.7556, for degree to be reprinted. Your degree will be ready for pick up in 48 business hours.

Academic Forgiveness

Academic Forgiveness: Students can apply for academic forgiveness by completing the required application.


FERPA Student Release Form